2006-12-30

season's g---s

I haven't been very good at keeping up this blog thing recently, but there's a new year coming on and I suppose this is one of those times to try and sort things like that out. Resolutions and such. I guess it would also be appropriate to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, too.

And, as 2006 passes by, it only seems right to briefly update my state of affairs: First, I finished all my various papers for the Fall Semester at University of Winnipeg. Also, I pretty much made it through the Christmas season unscathed by the embarassment of buying poor presents (because I got people decent presents--like books and teapots and things). But I did experience some minor embarassment this afternoon at work when I wished someone "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy New Year." The fellow was almost out the door, and I realized that I'd misspoken, but he turned around and came back and started to go, "Ah--" and then I said, "Yes, I'm sorry, I know Christmas is over--I meant to say 'Happy New Year.'" And he kind of nodded and walked off. And it was, like I say, minorly embarassing.

At this point, there's only a couple more days until school starts again, but it'll be a little less ridiculous this semester because I'll only have two classes. And I'll keep working at the bookstore in order to make ends meet. Etc.

So, those are the basics--but, of course, there's always so much more rolling along through this mind of mine. Hopefully this semester I'll be able to keep up a bit more of a regular blog-o-rhythm. In the meanwhile, outside it's dark and the streets are lit only dimly by streetlight and snow is falling softly in the streets; tonight is second Christmas (i.e. with Steve and Gillian) so it all seems very fitting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Colter said...

We just lit off some fireworks in Oberkochen, Germany with Jordana's family. I've spent the evening drinking fine german beer and am ready to sleep in the new year of 2007.

6:08 pm  
Blogger Graeme and Myra said...

Hey Chris. I just wanted to say I'm glad your still ticking away, and that I thoroughly enjoy your blog. It's somehow familiar and comfortable, but threatening at the same time (I think only I'll know what that means...). Thanks for taking me back home, if only for a moment in my mind.

4:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home