2006-07-14

street bird

I found a bird on the sidewalk at sunrise this morning. It wasn't dead, but I think it may be by now. I mean, it wasn't in very good shape. The little thing was breathing all heavy and its little body was quivering, feathers all puffed up and ruffled. It could have been that it was in quite a bit of pain. I stooped down to get a better look at it and it didn't budge, except that its little eyes were darting all over. The expression on its face reminded me of a very old and grumpy man. I guess maybe that's what he was.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I refuse to believe that's the only interesting thing that happened to you today...

11:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would have to say that i share the same opinion as Brock...

6:39 pm  
Blogger The Corporal said...

Maybe he was just tired of flying around crapping on people's car's. Or, maybe he was just sad that he'd ran out of ammo.

Either way, it's weird that it didn't op off when ou got close.

Maybe it had some kind of bird rabies.

10:08 am  
Blogger Colter said...

I like Tom's explanation, it really makes the most sense to me. And I also heard the same thing about the bird mafia in the Peg.

3:30 pm  
Blogger Steve & Gillian said...

I happen to KNOW that this wasn't the most interesting thing that happened to you today!

1:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also know that the bird incident was not the most interesting thing that occured that day. However, we can refer to that day as the "Bird Day" while we smile and nod to one another knowing what 'really' took place on that day that was far more 'interesting'. That is, if you know what took place. Do YOU know?

4:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes... that day is "Bird Day." (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

11:58 am  
Blogger Steve & Gillian said...

From now on, I hereby declare July 14th "Bird Day" to commemorate that oh so very interesting day.

1:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just gonna flat out call it "pee on the floor" day.

12:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home